1. Disney World is big. Really big. There are 4 main parks, 2 water parks, 32 resorts, over 100 restaurants, and over 130 attractions. It has its own transportation system. There are a lot of aspects to consider in your planning.
2. The sit-down restaurants are very popular and some book up the morning that reservations first become available for your dates. In fact, reservations open 180 days in advance. Do be sure to reserve all of your dining early in your planning.
3. There’s a lot more here than the rides. Fine dining, fireworks cruises, princess makeovers, parades, firework spectaculars, shows, tea parties, character meetings…the list goes on and on. Your trip can be extra magical by planning for more than just rides.
4. You don’t have to wait in long lines. You just have to know how to avoid them. (More on that in a bit).
5. Your vacation package can be changed up until 45 days before you travel, meaning that if Disney releases a new discount, it’s possible that you can get it applied to your existing reservation.
6. It’s a LOT of walking…even preschool aged children may benefit from a stroller…heck, even kindergarten aged kids! Disney’s strollers are NOT always the best option, though… there are some better places to rent through.
7. There are three levels of dining plan: Quick Service, Standard and Deluxe. Be sure that the one you are booking is the right kind for you – price may not be the only factor in that.
8. You may need more days than you think! You could stay at Disney World for a month and still likely not do every single thing that is offered. 5 park days is the absolute minimum I recommend. If you want a little relaxation thrown in, some non park days thrown in the mix can be really nice.
9. There are many seasons at Disney World, pricing wise and crowd wise. School breaks are always the most crowded and most expensive. If you can manage to go sometime other than these breaks, you’ll find it a little easier on your wallet.
10. It takes many, many hours of research to plan a really smooth, enjoyable Disney World experience. Or, you can have a Disney expert take care of all of it for you!
Remember how I mentioned not having to wait in long lines? Just one of the things I do for my clients is creating entirely customized park touring plans to help them avoid the long lines. And all the rest on this list? I take care of that, too. It’s common to think that it’s “just Disney World” when you first come up with the idea to visit. But if the sheer volume of information starts to get overwhelming and too time consuming, the entire experience can be easier and more magical by having a professional take care of you and your family. Feel free to contact me for more information!
Customized Travel Planning
Since 2012, the Enchanted Traveler has become the go-to travel agency for moms and dads who want to save time and relieve the stress of planning a family vacation to Disney destinations and beyond.