A Disney Expert: What does it take?
When you’re looking for help with planning your Disney vacation, a Disney expert is what you need. But what is a Disney expert? What does it take to be one?
A Disney expert is a travel consultant (also known as a travel agent) who specializes in planning Disney vacations. Why is this so important? Well, because Disney is a world of it’s own! It’s huge and fairly complicated and ever changing. Here’s the thing: not every travel agent is a Disney expert – not even close! If what you are seeking is a full service experience with every aspect of your Disney vacation handled for you, the very first thing you need to do is to be sure that you are working with a Disney expert, and not someone who “sometimes books Disney.”
So what does it take to be a Disney expert? Constant work and study! Here are just some of the ways that I maintain an expert status:
- Maintaining my College of Disney Knowledge certificate and education – a program run by Disney that is an in depth educational component
- Daily research on the Disney destinations, including news sources, insider tips, blogs, etc.
- Traveling multiple times a year to Disney Destinations to experience the destinations in depth, test out restaurants and shows, visit the different resort properties and more
- Constantly keeping up to date with new attractions and shows or attractions under refurbishment to keep all touring strategies that are provided in my custom touring plans up to date and efficient
- Attending events that I am invited to by Disney, such as the Adventures by Disney showcase I just attended last week
- In depth study at Onsite Agent Education Programs hosted by Disney in the destinations. These programs are super intensive with tons of hotel inspections including different room categories, seminar training, in park touring, sampling dining and more!
It’s this level of knowledge that you want your travel consultant to have when planning your vacation. The best way to ensure that your experience is easy, stress free, magical and that you don’t have to overwhelmed with figuring out all of the details is to work with a Disney expert from the start!