Worried that your little one is too little to get enough out of Disneyland? A lot of parents are concerned about height requirements and what their child might miss out on. In reality, there is far more that your child can do than can’t do! Plus, there are a bunch of great reasons to take that first Disneyland trip now:
1. Mickey is real! You don’t get many years in which children truly believe in the magic. Right now, to your child that really is Mickey Mouse! And yes, Cinderella just hugged her, and that castle is absolutely where the princesses really live. Watching their eyes light up at this magic is a precious, fleeting time.
2. Simple joys. Rides are fabulous, but so are the many other sights and sounds of the parks when it comes to your tots. The spray of the fountain, the characters dancing on stage, fireworks in the sky, a Mickey shaped waffle for breakfast – don’t underestimate the joy this brings to little ones.
3. They can ride a majority of the rides. Sometimes people worry that there is almost nothing that their child would be tall enough for. The opposite is true! There are only a small percentage of rides that they may not be able to ride. If your child is over 38”, he or she can even ride some of the roller coasters and bigger rides! If not, there are so many of the rides that have no height restrictions at all that I promise your days will still be full!
4. They help you slow down and enjoy yourself. If your imagining crazy, frenetic days of running yourself ragged in the theme parks from early morning to late at night, and it makes you feel anxious already, know that bringing the pace down and leaving time for breaks for a preschooler just makes good sense. And as a byproduct, YOU get to slow down and have some breaks! Worried that breaks mean you’ll miss out? When you have a Disney expert to plan your itinerary, you’ll avoid the long lines and get everything done while still having plenty of down time!
5. You will never forget it! So many parents worry that their child may not remember this trip, but if you ask me, the bigger factor is just how much YOU will remember it! The wonder and joy in their eyes as they take in that magic that they still fully believe is a joy that will never leave you. That sight of your adorable little boy or girl, eyes glowing and face lit up as they see Mickey or Minnie for the first time is a memory that you will never, ever forget. And that is something that is truly priceless!
Ready to plan your Disneyland adventure? Click here to contact us!
Customized Travel Planning
Since 2012, the Enchanted Traveler has become the go-to travel agency for moms and dads who want to save time and relieve the stress of planning a family vacation to Disney destinations and beyond.